Site Map

News Letter

Feedback

weight loss forum : topic
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Your Favorite Low Carb Products or Food?

All Forums
 Weight Loss, Dieting and Exercise
 low carb forum
 Your Favorite Low Carb Products or Food?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic  Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AlaskaGirl

19 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  01:40:34  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I've only been on the low carb diet for around 8 days now.. and am so far sticking only to what you're supposed to eat in Phase One of the SouthBeach Diet... (the toughest 2 weeks to get thru! )

I did change two minor things so far in the diet. Instead of constantly using the same olive oil & vinegar dressing, I decided to buy some of the new "Carb Smart Ranch".. Wow, it's really nice to have a change after 8 days of the same ol' thing!

The Carb Smart products aren't mentioned in the book.. But the Ranch dressing I tried had ZERO carbs in it and is awesome.. So that's one thing I found that's GREAT!

I saw someone on here mention that they liked the new Klondike low-carb fudgecicle bars, but my store had them on sale and were out.. So, instead I tried "Laughing Cow Carb Smart Chocolate/Peanut Butter Fudgecicles". YOW, they are grrrrreat!

I'll stick primarily to the book, but I figured a couple either no-carb, or super low-carb substitutions would make the diet much easier to stick with for a long time.

Does anyone here have a favorite no-carb or low-carb food?

How about a favorite no-carb or low-carb product they've found?

Let's make a list of the YUMMY stuff we've come across! ~~

AlaskaGirl

19 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2004 :  01:32:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow.. slow section of the forums here!

I've now been on a low carb diet for 6+ weeks. Gets easier all the time!

One thing I've started using after the initial 2 weeks are La Tortilla (low-carb) tortillas! They come in garlic, onion, or wheat flavor and are awesome! They can be found at most grocery stores, or of course on the low-carb net sites.

They are sooooo good for making things such as turkey roll-ups, egg roll-ups, and are PERFECT for making Heuvos Rancheros!

Heuvos Rancheros are normally made with corn tortillas, but these work perfect and are super low-carb 3g and are only 50 calories.

Spray the pan with butter flavored spray-
Place a garlic flavored tortilla in omelet pan-
Break two eggs on top-
Reduce heat, cover and let eggs cook until white is set, but yokes are not firm-
Top with lowfat cheese if desired-
Top with salsa and cilantro-

They are GREAT ~

Or- SUPER EASY chicken fajitas!

-In a pan, saute onions with red, yellow or green bell peppers
-Shred chicken from a store bought roasted chicken
-Add chicken to onion/pepper mix until warmed
-On tortilla, spread lightly with light cream cheese if desired
-Add lowfat cheese as desired
-Add salsa and plenty of cilantro

Roll up, and enjoy! (After rolling, these will meld together better if you microwave each fajita for a couple seconds)

-Serve with salad
Go to Top of Page

ruglayer09052000

4 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2004 :  12:02:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Favorite lo-carb food? Steak, steak, steak!!!!...oh, and water

If at first you don't succeed, read the darned instructions!
Go to Top of Page

cluricsmum

4 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  16:21:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I found this site via South beach diet .uk.So I thought I'd join up and jump in.It seems the posts here are just as slow as every where else.But any way,my favorite low carb foods????How about low carb ice cream?Or p-nut butter and cool-whip mixed together.Try it it's good!!!

cluricsmum;)
Go to Top of Page

mark

175 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  20:52:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Favorite lo-carb food? Steak, steak, steak!!!!...

I have to second that - I grew up on a farm so beef was very much part of the diet!!

Go to Top of Page

Sonia

3 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2004 :  05:28:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Recently I discover something just great : turnip fries!

They taste like the potatofries.
Here is recipce:
Take a few turnips, peel them, cut them like fries and sprinkle them with black pepper, low fat parmesan cheese, a little salt, and spray them and the cookie sheet with olive oil. I bake them a 450 degrees in the oven for 30 min. I turn them every ten or 15 min.

Sonia
_______
Go to Top of Page

mc405

8 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  02:02:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My favorite is Banana yogurt.This is sooo good.
Peel a banana,put it in a cup,put it in the microwave for a min.(it comes out soft,mushy)Then add it to a cup of nonfat yogurt.MMMMMMMMM
Another one is Apple yogurt.Cut and core an apple ,put in micro for a min.,add nonfat yogurt.
Or add applesauce to nfat yogurt .These are both good too.Try it
Go to Top of Page

sophieUK

2 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2005 :  09:25:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

How about low carb ice cream?Or p-nut butter and cool-whip

Are you in the UK? Where did you find low carb ice cream??? Sounds fab.

SophieUK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic  Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
  © weight loss help Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Tools:

email a friend

add to del.icio.us
add to Digg
add to StumbleUpon
add to ma.gnolia

In Association with Amazon.com