Save Password

no weight loss

All Forums
 Weight Loss, Dieting and Exercise
 low carb forum
 no weight loss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

saa419

1 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2004 :  03:44:33  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I went on Atkins a few years ago and after 4 months only lost 8 lbs., which I gained back, and then some, the minute I went off the diet. Since then I tried again and was never successful. I have about 15 lbs to loose, so now I wanted to try the South Beach Diet. As Atkins doesn't allow the carbs that SBD does, I'm wondering if this will be for nothing. I've been on the diet for 4 days and haven't lost an ounce. Is it me? My husband is always successful with Atkins and a low carb lifestyle. Why not me? I do all that is asked, and I also joined a gym 3 weeks ago. I work out 5 times per wek, doing 20 minutes on the elliptical, and 1/2 hr. weight training. I'm wondering if there are other people out there who had a similar experience with no weight loss, and then all of a sudden it kicked in.
Would love to hear that, so I can hang in there. How much time should I give this diet before I just put tape over my mouth?

mark

175 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2004 :  21:26:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi saa419 - I know when I was on Atkins, the weight loss seemed to be in real steps, nothing for a few days, and then all of a sudden a big (ish) drop - I'm not sure what to suggest, as you say you're working out as well...so it should all be good. Do you feel you're toning up a bit - even if the scales aren't moving much?

I've heard before that it can seem to work better for men, as they (generally) have a greater muscle mass which helps burning energy....

hopefully it'll work for you this time round :)
Go to Top of Page

Zeus

7 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2005 :  01:59:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
heya saa419. One thing that is important about the atkins diet, is that it's created to actually completely cut out snacking. The way i've experienced it, 3 meals a day, and done. Here's a meal list that i recommend for you that might be able to help you see what i did for a few months to lose weight.

With the atkins, protein is everything. This diet is constructed to keep muscle mass with weight loss.

Breakfast - I would always start off with eggs (scrambled, over easy, sunny side up) however you like to eat them. If you do South Beach, i recommend Juevos Rancheros. (scrambled eggs, add blackbeans, cheese) very good. Add either bacon, ham or sausage with this and it's a good start to the morning. They even make some low carb yougurt that i like to eat too. (wheat bread toast can be eaten here, 1 slice!!!)

Lunch - Lunch is something i never liked dealing with much at school. It's the most difficult meal for me, personally. I recommend though tuna fish. This is the time when i recommend getting a few carbs in, especially if you're active during the afternoon/evening. either wheat bread, atkins bread, or sprout bread (definitely an aquired taste). do not go overboard on the bread here. either 1 or 2 slices only for a sandwich. a small salad here with italian or ranch dressing is good. I put artichokes, onions, light amounts of cheese (can inhibit weight loss).

Dinner - Dinner should be the lightest meal of your day. This is the time when you should eat the least, and have no carbs. protein here is very important, i recommend a chicken breast (marinate it in italian dressing for a great flavor). eat another salad, using the same ingredients as mentioned in lunch, if not less. This meal is what's going to be sitting in your stomach for the next 6-8 hours while you sleep. DO NOT eat 2 hoursish before you go to sleep.

Water is a huge part of this diet as well. If you drink ice water throughout the day, it actually cools your body temperature. With this happening, your body has to work to warm itself, which actually burns calories. It's a workout without actually working out!

If the meals become too repetitive, switch out the chicken for steak, or pork or fish. Just stick closely to the protein, and not extreme amounts of carbs. stay strong, the process is not over-night. Any questions, e-mail me at GILMORE104@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

anndeecee

4 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2005 :  20:48:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I'm having probs too. I lost weight in first two weeks. Have been stuck the same for three weeks. Have not changed my diet. Have not even cheated once. Kept to the same regime. I just don't understand either.
Go to Top of Page

sam

3 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2005 :  06:15:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey, have you guys tried incorporating a diet product with your atkins diet? You should try the weight loss patches, they work great and I've been able to keep the weight off for months now. I bought mine from a site called <snip - no promotional URL's please>. There are a lot of other brands out there, but this is the one that worked for me. They also have a new carb blocker patch. You might want to check them out.
Go to Top of Page

Razor

11 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2005 :  17:32:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by anndeecee

Hi, I'm having probs too. I lost weight in first two weeks. Have been stuck the same for three weeks. Have not changed my diet. Have not even cheated once. Kept to the same regime. I just don't understand either.

You should only be losing about 1.5 lbs a week and 2 lbs a week is pushing it. You did not gain all the weight in 3 weeks so you aren't going to lose it. You said you have not changed you diet at all, and maybe this is what put you at a stop. Our bodies are incrediably adaptable. Which means once it has adapted then we need to trick it to start the gears again.
Go to Top of Page

Razor

11 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2005 :  17:37:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sam

Hey, have you guys tried incorporating a diet product with your atkins diet? You should try the weight loss patches, they work great and I've been able to keep the weight off for months now. I bought mine from a site called <snip - no promotional URL's please>. There are a lot of other brands out there, but this is the one that worked for me. They also have a new carb blocker patch. You might want to check them out.

Diet patches, carb blocker, and thermogenics are a complete waste of money. If they worked no one would be fat. If a carb blocker worked then why is everyone wanting to go on Atkins. The only supplement you should be taking is a multi vitamin. If you are not on Atkins then a protein supplement maybe be a good idea. If you live a low carb lifestyle be sure to get the vitamins that are good for that.
Go to Top of Page

mc405

8 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  01:39:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
NO weight loss here either!!!!Im getting very discouraged!
Been dieting strictly (no cheating at all)for 7 weeks now.
Im doing LOW carb,using my eliptical for 30 min. every day,some walking,plus some 10 min eliptical workouts here and there.
Im writing down everything I eat,and workouts on the GNC fitness planner.Im only eating 1,000 calories a day.
Im wondering if maybe im eating to little.and putting my body into starvation mode.
I need to lose 30 lbs .I only lost 4 lbs right away that was it.
I know that the body eventually comes to a plateau but geez,How long does it last?Its been almost 2 months
Go to Top of Page

Cali

13 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  04:51:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mc405

NO weight loss here either!!!!Im getting very discouraged!
Been dieting strictly (no cheating at all)for 7 weeks now.
Im doing LOW carb,using my eliptical for 30 min. every day,some walking,plus some 10 min eliptical workouts here and there.
Im writing down everything I eat,and workouts on the GNC fitness planner.Im only eating 1,000 calories a day.
Im wondering if maybe im eating to little.and putting my body into starvation mode.
I need to lose 30 lbs .I only lost 4 lbs right away that was it.
I know that the body eventually comes to a plateau but geez,How long does it last?Its been almost 2 months

Eating about 1200 cal a day is what I was told would be a healthy range. Try not to go to below that. Having 1000 cal may be putting yourself into starvation mode. Have you tried other forms of exercise as well? Maybe running? You could try running for maybe even 20 minutes 3 times a week instead of walking. Maybe even swimming or cycling would work for you to lose some weight. Of course you didnt mention your current height and weight because it is very hard to lose weight later on. The first step is easy compared to when you have lost 30lbs and then finally you plateaued. It sounds like you have alot more weight to lose. You should reconsider how and what your eating.

GOOD LUCK!
Go to Top of Page

mc405

8 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2005 :  02:38:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Cali,
For exercise I have been doing aerobics to Denise Austin,eliptical and walking.I eat tuna,egg whites,chicken ,1 serving of cereal,friut and veggies.No cheating at all.Cant figure out why I am not losing!
Go to Top of Page

Jenniqua27

12 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2005 :  14:05:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey I think I have been on just about every forum advertising for this patch, but I am so confident it works. I have tried every diet imaginable, I even tried being bulimic for a little bit but nothing worked. Then I would convince myself that i would be happier being fat and enjoying everything that I ate rather that being skinny and living my life fighting to stay skinny. I finally found something that really worked. I saw my nasty, lazy doesn't eat nothing but takeout and is too lazy to even clean her house sister in law, losing weight. Turns out she had been on this new patch for 3 weeks and had lost a nice amount of weight doing nothing, just cutting out sodas. Its called JenFe. When I saw it worked for her I got sooooo excited cause if it worked for her it had better work for me. I have been on it for 9 days now and have lost 6 almost 7lbs. Its completely natural so you don't get dizzy, jittery and you can sleep at night. I'm never really hungry, yes I sometimes think about certain foods and just want it but I just look at my patch and it is so much easier to fight the cravings. After seeing results you just want to keep going so you try harder. I hae to admit I refused to let my sis-in-law outdo me so I have been drinking a lot of water and exercising a little, but I only do like 5-10 minutes on my bike and just park further. I reccomend it to everyone! Go to <snip - sorry no affiliate urls>, and if anyone of you tries it, let me know how it works for you. Really guys, you'll end up like me going to every forum and bragging about how good it works! <snip>
Go to Top of Page

mc405

8 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2005 :  07:23:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well,I finally have lost a bit more more FINALLY.It has taken me almost 3 months to lose 10 lousy lbs.I have 20 more to go.
Im sick of people saying that I look pregnant!!! I carry all my weight in my stomach!

Jeniqua,Congrats to you! Keep it up!
Is that patch expensive?Does it take away your appetite?
Go to Top of Page

philadelphiagirl75

3 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  21:34:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Everyone keep it up, give it time you will loose weight!

i have been doing atkins on and off and every time I do it I loose, I was able to loose 25 pounds in 2 months before my wedding and just last year I was able to loose 25 again. Aside from eating right, I walked on my treadmill for 2 miles daily, I wasn't loosing the weight but I was loosing the inches, all my clothes were hanging, the change on the scale was only visible like a month after I saw that the clothes were big. I have to loose 30 pounds, I am 5'5 and weigh 165 pounds, wear size 10-12...depends...summer is coming up and not according to my standards i am not perfect...oh wel will keep trying.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
  © weight loss help Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Tools:

email a friend

add to del.icio.us
add to Digg
add to StumbleUpon
add to ma.gnolia

In Association with Amazon.com